Facebook

Friday, March 25, 2011

Divine Appointment

A divine appointment is ‘a meeting’ which was inspired and God led.

 So many times in life I ask the question I am sure many of us ask ourselves, " When is God going to use me? When is my life going to mean anything." And then when he does use us we get mad cause it wasn't MY timing. God's timing is NOT our timing. I know this, but don't know it when I am in the midst of my situation.

 I have been in NY these past several weeks to make the time pass until hubby returns home. When booking this trip, I had VERY selfish intentions in mind. This trip was going to be for ME. Not that being a little selfish is a bad thing sometimes. Little did I know, God had soooo many other plans for me in store. As soon as I got off the plane it was very apparent I wasn't here for me. I was NOT happy about it.
 Different situations and crisis would have played out very differently, had I not been here.  Several people said to me, " This would not have happened like this if you weren't here. " "You know it was God that had you be here at this time." I text my husband halfway through the trip saying " I feel like I have been working since I have been here." I still wasn't getting it. As my trip is coming to an end, I realize that I was here for other people and not me, and if God saved a life through me{ literally}. I'm ok with that, and I need to get over myself.

 I am not patting myself on the back. I say this to encourage everyone, that no matter where you are, God has a divine appointment for you. You don't have to be some mega church evangelist to be useful. I simply thought I was doing what every person would do. No. Not every person can do what you do. You are fearfully and wonderfully made with a specific purpose. You are a unique child of God.:) Seize your divine appointment and run with it :).

1 comment: