Facebook

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Freshman Lil Lady

So being the "great" mom that I am , I put on "pongo" AKA 101 Dalmatians on for the boys so I could blog real quick LOL...  NO judging!!


 What some of you don't know is I've raised my sister the past 5 years. It is a weird relationship most don't get , between her and I. Mom first, Sister second , friend last , but all rolled into one. So her nickname has become " the lil lady" .
  Any who... She just finished her freshman year of college and busted her butt all year to get A's is every class. Words cannot describe how proud I am of her. Not only has she done well this school year, but managed to land an internship in NY straight out of her freshman year. I am telling you people , this girl is unstoppable once she puts her mind to it.
 I moved her into her college apartment 9 months ago and yesterday I had the pleasure of moving her out. I detest moving, but you pretty much do anything for your kids. Time has definitely flown.
  





 Packed the jeep started to head out and was blocked in by a truck and trailer. Asking this man to move his truck was apparently the equivalent to having his left arm chewed off. After being yelled at by this man who had many choice names/ words for us ,and speaking to the police { ya that bad} we were finally off. He actually called us F@#$%ing rednecks and he himself was missing teeth. I'll let you ponder that for a second. ;)

What the lil lady didn't know was I was surprising her with getting our "sister" tattoos. It's a line from an E.E. Cummings poem " I carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)". She had done so well this year I couldn't resist but give her this gift. When we pulled up to the shop she flipped out and was so stoked!
The poem has such meaning behind it for us.
I got " I carry your heart with me " She got " ... I carry it in my heart" When we stand next to each other it reads as one line.
So in closing I will leave you with the poem that describes our love for each other that no one really gets, but somehow understands .

I carry your heart with me( I carry it in my heart) 
I am never without it(anywhere I go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
 I fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
I want no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart(I carry it in my heart)
~ E.E. Cummings


No comments: