Facebook

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

62 Years

 Today I had a patient and his wife come in and they were ( as they say in the south ) "cuttin up" making me laugh and having such a great time. You could tell they were each others best friend. They didn't have to tell me they were married and in love. You could just tell. Turns out he is fighting cancer and he is " ready to be rid of it" as he said. We chatted a bit more about Veronica Lake and how my hair resembled hers today. As his wife left the drawing room she shouted back, " Be careful Veronica, he'll flirt with you!" Her husband and I laughed, and he whispered, " I would never...We have been married 62 years." I was in such awe. That's longer than some lifetimes. Not only that, but after all that time they could still have fun together. If there is one thing I want more than my children to stay healthy and happy, it's to find and grow old with my best friend. Not only that, but have fun doing it 62 years later.

No comments: