Facebook

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pool Catastrophe



So when I have a day off , like most people, I like to do things I enjoy or get stuff done around the house.
 According to the lovely secretary, at the office, the pool in our complex was due to open this past weekend. I look down from my balcony this morning, there is glistening clean water in the pool. It's a go. A pool day with me and my boys. I get the boys pumped for the pool, get our towels, floaties and WWE style wrestle sunblock on my pale babies and get an even amount of the same toys so there is no fighting. Got my sunglasses and two piece on ! We are READY!

 NOPE! Not really. We get  to the pool and the lovely sign on the gate says, " POOL CLOSED" . Surely this means we have arrived too early and they havent unlocked it yet. So we mosey on into the office a few feet away and ask the manager what time the pool opens. " Not until Memorial Day weekend"she proceeds to tell me. I say, " come again.." Apparently they need an inspection on the repairs made and the inspector is not available til the 24th. That's all good and great , but explain that to a 2 and 4 year old/ The 2 and 4 year old I had to coax, wrestle and bribe to put sunscreen on, explain to them that we weren't going swimming in the pool that was RIGHT THERE with the glistening clean water. You can't is the bottom line.
   Oh the joy that came next as we walked back to the house,and past the pool. I get kids should not get their way all the time, but when it's someone else's fault as to why they aren't getting their way, you can't help but understand that they just don't understand.
 So quick mommy mode brain went  into overdrive on how to get these kids happy and fast. They were SET on a pool. Luckily there are several complexes in the area that have pools and my friend Brent lives at one. So I shot him a quick text while he was at work, we went swimming and all was well with the world.
 Til we got home and it was cranky tantrum central. Another story for another day.
Thanks for saving the day Brent!!!

No comments: