Facebook

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The crazy cut

It's been about a year since I last posted , due to many life changes that have gone on in my family's life. One being separation from my husband of 6 years in August of 2013.  Out of respect for him and our past I won't go into details , but rather start sharing about my journey back to who I was and embracing life . The good, the bad , and the ugly. Because we all know life isn't all rainbows and unicorns .
 Since the separation I've had many highs and lows. During  recovery from a massive life event , most people start on a journey to "a new me". Fact of the matter is there was nothing wrong with the old me. I mean there is always room for improvement , but I was a fun , adventurous , and outing person. I changed all of that for someone to love me and turns out that was no ones fault but my own. So over the past  9 months I've been slowly getting back to who I was , minus the bad parts ;)
 Recently I decided I get an extreme hair cut I've wanted for about two years . I didn't in efforts to please other people. So me being me I said , " it won't hurt anyone or put anyone in danger... I'm going for it". After about a week of rationalizing of why I shouldn't , the pros definitely out weighed the cons. So that Saturday morning I woke up and went to my stylist .


As she started shaving it was so symbolic of a sense of freedom and getting back to who I really am. Wild, crazy and fun loving. I couldn't stop smiling and loving every minute of it!
As the design started to take shape I was over the moon and elated! It sounds like such a miniscule thing to make one happy, but for me it was freedom. Freedom to be me. After being put in a box for SO long, starting from childhood, it was just an amazing feeling.
The finished product was more than just a hair cut , it as a little piece of me coming into the light again.

More designs to come :)


No comments: